The school was
founded in 1930 initially to train teachers. It is now a senior secondary
school. There are about 1500 boys, aged between 12 and 19 years. It has 60
full-time and 6 part-time teachers along with about 80 non-teaching staff.
The headmaster and his two assistants have direct oversight of the
The programs and subjects offered by the school
Management and Accounting.
Biology, Chemistry Physics and Elective
Government, History, Geography, French, English, German, Social
Studies, Literature in English, Twi, Ga, Fanti Ewe and Music.
Agriculture, Horticulture and any two Science subjects.
and Moral and Religious Education
compulsory for all Programs.
The school is very
active in regional and national sports competitions in the following areas
: Football, Athletics, Hockey, Table tennis and
are mainly boarders. The boarding house is run directly by housemasters
under the supervision of three senior house masters.
Students have access to
Guidance and Counseling services, a school Chaplain and a Dispensary.
The School has a library and a
Science Resource Center.
The Parent Teacher Association
and the Old Boys Association offer financial and material support to the